So this was the finished spoon from and amazing student recently who seemed to get the hang of everything i thought her so quickly. it was a mothers day gift from her family. great day!
Marking out a rough outline on her very first ladle after careful selection from a local woodland (spoons from the woods)
Using a new cutting technique for shaping the outside of the bowl on her very first spoon as a gift for Mothers day.
A beginners course for 3hrs which will be sufficient time to complete a spoon costs £30 (then £7 for every hour there after)
- The beginners course will involve learning several basic Swedish style knife grips.
- Learning how to use an axe efficiently.
- Learning about the grain of the wood.
- making a spoon from a piece of straight grained wood and going home with a finished spoon that can be used everyday fro many years.
Also available is a ‘Spoons from the woods’ course which is 4hrs and involves;
- Learning how to identify trees that are perfect for carving a being able to find the best spoon material
- information about why certain trees can be better for spoons than others
- tool maintainence
- along with everything covered in the beginners course
- also i have a list of great links to you-tube videos and blogs which are well worth a look(inside knowledge of the spoon world).
The cost of the Spoons from the woods is £45
To arrange for one of these course please e.mail me to arrange a date to which I’m often very flexible; or if you have anything specific you would like to learn then please feel free to contact me and i would be happy to help
group course can be arranged via email and group sizes are often 5 people. at a cost of £30 each and minimum 3hours but can accommodate more hours if requested.